C&D RECOMMENDS THE FOLLOWING ON COLLECTION DAY
- Carts should be placed at your collection point the evening prior to your collection day.
- Please place carts side-by-side approximately 1 foot apart and at least 3 feet from any obstruction (i.e. fire hydrant/trees/mailbox).
- Carts should be placed with the handles and wheels facing away from the street.
- Carts should be removed from curbside within 12 hours after service.
- Items not in containers will not be collected. Please make arrangements with customer service for overflow or bulky item collection.
- Each resident will receive a 95 gallon automated cart and an optional 95 gallon recycling cart with attached lid and wheels.
C&D IS REQUESTING THAT RESIDENTS SEPARATE RECYCLABLE MATERIALS
- The cart with the black lid is for regular trash.
- The cart with the gray lid is for recyclables.
APPROXIMATE CART SIZE
Residents will receive the following cart:
- 95 gallon automated cart — 45.5″Hx 31″Wx 37″D (approximate size)
You may order an additional recycle cart at no charge or an additional trash cart for a nominal charge by contacting customer service.
If your cart becomes damaged due to normal wear and tear you may contact customer service to have it exchanged. We perform exchanges on your normal collection day by separate truck.
Three-Yard Temporary Bin — 4’H x 4’W x 6’9″L for clean up projects.
Larger waste collection containers (from 10-40 yards) are available for clean-up projects and other disposal needs.
It’s important to identify and remove materials unsuitable for recycling. Please review the Recycling section for more information on the Do’s and Don’ts for Recycling.
You may also contact our Customer Service and request a “Waste and Recycling Services Guide.”
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION INFORMATION
It is illegal to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) through the automated residential collection program. HHW must be disposed of at a certified hazardous waste collection center. Residents may visit the Yuma County website for locations and maps of permanent collection facilities. Go to www.co.yuma.az.us(link is external)
Household Hazardous Waste includes, but is not limited to:
- Used Oil
- Cleaning Products
- Wood Preservative
- Old Paint
- Pool Chemicals
- Printer Cartridges
- Old Road Flares
- Fluorescent Lights
- Electronic Waste
ELECTRONIC WASTE AND REFRIGERATOR COLLECTION INFORMATION
Electronic waste (E-waste) includes computer monitors, televisions, cell phones or other electronics. Due to the high amounts of lead and chemicals found in E-waste, they are not allowed into local landfills.
Refrigerators contain Freon and other chemicals which require special handling as well. C&D will collect these items from your curbside as a bulky item pick up. To arrange a curbside pick-up for E-waste or a refrigerator, please contact the office located closest to you. There is an additional charge for this service.
BULKY ITEMS COLLECTION INFORMATION
Items that cannot fit in your automated carts, such as furniture or large appliances, are considered bulky items. A bulky item is an object that can be handled by a two-person crew. Items that require more than two people may be disposed of in a temporary collection dumpster by contacting our office to arrange a delivery. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick-up on your regular waste collection day please contact the office located closest to you. There is an additional charge for this service.
Si desea información sobre su ciudad en español, favor de comunicarse al número 928.782.2460.